Friday, May 05, 2006

Yesterday, the job interview went well. I interviewed at a daycare. I think they liked the idea that I'm an Early Childhood Ed major (and will be again in the fall). The only bad thing is that the job is for a substitute position. They can't guarantee me any hours and I'd be on an as-needed basis. This summer it will turn into a full-time job temporarily while one of their teachers is out on maternity leave. AND the pay is $3.00 an hour less than I make now. So financially, there is no way I could take this job (that I think I would LOVE) unless I take another part-time job. I'm torn. I think I would really like to work there and I think they'd really like to have me there. The ages of the kids they care for is ages 0-5yrs and that is exactly where I'd like to work! But we really can't be without two paychecks right now, so I may have to turn this job down. That's unfortunate, too because it would be an excellent way to earn classroom experience and maybe even qualify as credit for my classes next semester. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to keep looking after we get back from vacation next week, but I'd love to hear any advice from you!

Did I tell you we're going on vacation? We're leaving tomorrow for a post-graduation trip for Leslie (my sis-in-law). We're driving to Panama City, FL and renting a condo for the week. We're SO excited! Hopefully, I'll get a tan and not a burn. (Yes, I've got sunscreen, but somehow I never remember to put it on more than once or twice. Get too busy having fun, I guess.) To quote one of the websites I read often: I'd like to be a more acceptable shade, meaning something between "ghost dipped in clorox" and "angry lobster." (That is courtesy of Beth over at www.sothefishsaid.com. She is funny, charming, a great mom and she writes far better than I do, so you should go visit.)

Anyway, I'll be sure to post lots of pics when I get back. We leave tomorrow and we should get back the 13th or 14th. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll post if I can.

P.S. Thanks for all the good wishes for the interview yesterday! Shawn, if I did not have a ton of packing to do, you'd have a dozen or so snickerdoodles on their way to you. :)

0 comments: