Sunday, April 09, 2006

Well, if Blogger would ever let me upload my pictures, I would post some pictures for you. Will try again tomorrow and edit this post to include the pictures that go along with this entry.

What did we do this weekend? Friday, I made some jewelry. I made a pink, white, and green bracelet and earrings for Apple Blossom. Most of you that read this won't know what Apple Blossom is, but I'll try to explain. It's a celebration of spring and the apple blossoms that the Shenandoah Valley is famous for. The official colors for Apple Blossom or "The Bloom" as it is sometimes called, are pink, white and green. They have many parades, concerts and activities during this time and basically the entire town shuts down for this thing. It is CRAZY! But it is very fun. And since my favorite colors are pink and green, I decided to get a little festive and make some jewelry to wear. In addition to the pink and green stuff, I also made some aqua colored earrings, and a purple necklace (which the picture does NOT do justice at all) and I also added a new charm to my charm bracelet. (Jenny, that pic is especially for you. The new charm says "Shopping Queen".)

Saturday, we spent the ENTIRE DAY working on getting our tax stuff ready. Then we relaxed by sitting on our front porch in lawn chairs and watching a thunderstorm roll in. Made us nostalgic for Oklahoma, that's for sure! People here really freak out when it storms and especially when we are under a rare tornado warning. I just laugh and say that I figure I must have spent about 75% of my life in Oklahoma in a tornado warning and thankfully, never saw a tornado, so it really doesn't faze me much.

Today, we got up and went to H & R Block to get our taxes done. We ended up owing, but not too terribly much, so I guess it's not as bad as it could have been. Our tax preparer today was really nice and helped us find a few more deductions that we hadn't thought of. She said we were very organized and much more prepared than most people she's worked with, so we were pretty happy. And not only does she work for H & R Block doing taxes, she's also a Pampered Chef consultant! How cool! We talked a lot about PC and she said I gave her some ideas for getting her business stuff organized and some deductions she can take for herself next year. How about that?! She invited me to her cluster meeting (for consultants) and I think if I can, I'll go. It sounded like a good opportunity and a lot of fun. Maybe the ladies there will have some ideas on how I can get some more shows!

And last but not least, reason #494,587,439,849 why I love my husband...look what he helped me do tonight! I've been wanting to hang up some aprons in my kitchen to make use of my wall space and show off my apron collection. I thought it would be cute to make it look like they were hanging on a clothesline. Not only did he help me, he thought of an even better way to do it and I LOVE the way it looks! What do you think? Ladies, you should all be so lucky to have a husband like mine! :)

As for this week, nothing too exciting going on except an appointment with a physical therapist tomorrow to see if they can help with my shoulder. It is still hurting since I injured it at work back in October. Hopefully, she can give me some exercises to do to strengthen my shoulder, and keep me from hurting.

Anyway, that's about all with us. Hopefully, by the time you read this, there will be pictures along with the text. Can't quite figure out the problem with blogger tonight, but it sure is annoying! Have a great week!

0 comments: