Monday, April 10, 2006

As some of you may know, I am an avid Food Network fan. I LOVE watching that channel! I first got hooked on it while watching 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Italian. (Gorgeous Giada De Laurentiis is just too beautiful to be believed. If I hadn't seen her in person with my own two eyes at last year's National Book Conference in DC, I'd have thought she was just a creation of the Food Network, only made for television. She is BEAUTIFUL! And so is her show. )

I just recently lucked into finding the first two 30 Minute Meal cookbooks in a set for just $12.00 so I jumped at a chance to try these out. It took me a while to actually try the cookbooks out, mostly because I was really skeptical that I could actually prepare those same yummy-looking meals in 30 minutes or less. Well guess what? I've tried 2 of the recipes from the 2nd cookbook and she's telling the truth! I made Philly (Cheese) Steak Sandwiches (that were SOOO good) and I actually set a timer. Sure enough! Just 30 minutes exactly! Jason even took one to work for lunch the next day and he said even the leftovers were great! And tonight, I made Spanikopita. (A VERY TASTY Greek-inspired spinach and cheese burrito-type thing.) As Rachael Ray would say..."YUM-O"!!!! Just thought I'd pass this info along to ya'll and hopefully you'll try these cookbooks and fall in love with them just like we did. Next in line is the recipe called "Cashew! God Bless You Chicken"...I'm not too much a fan of cutesy little recipe names, but this one sounds pretty funny, even to me. And I'm a huge fan of cashew chicken, so I thought we'd give it a try. Not tomorrow though...I have a Pampered Chef meeting. I'll be sure to post when/if we try that recipe.

0 comments: