Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jason and I have been playing Texas Hold'Em lately. A group of his co-workers plays sometimes on Saturday nights and he's gone a couple of times and had a pretty fun time. (And won $125 the first time! YAY!) I went with him last time and watched so I could see if it was something I'd like to learn. At first, I thought the way they played was WAY too complicated for me to learn. But since then, we've been playing at home and I caught on pretty quickly. Weekend before last, we played and the "loser" had to plan a date night for the winner. I lost and we went to try out a new Mexican restaurant on our date night. All that following week, Jason watched poker stuff on ESPN and SpikeTV to learn some new tricks and I watched with him. So we played this past weekend and what do you know...the first two games I won every single hand we played! Then, I got a little too confident and ended up losing the last game. Now I feel like I'm ready to play with Jason's friends from work and not totally feel lost. Not sure when they're playing again, but when they do I'll be there!

0 comments: