Saturday, January 28, 2006

I miss a lot of things about living in Oklahoma but lately I've been missing one thing above all else. (NOT including people, of course.) Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate ice cream from Braum's. I have no idea why all of a sudden I'm craving this. (Before anyone asks...NO, I'm not pregnant.) I don't even eat ice cream that much. I guess just knowing I can't have it makes me want it even more.

I've tried to find something even remotely similar around here but haven't had too much luck. I tried Baskin Robbins. UGH! Normally, I would have gotten a scoop of my favorite Daquiri Ice, but they were out so I settled for their version of my favorite Braum's stuff. Not even close!

I had just about given up on finding a good substitute until I was grocery shopping at Food Lion today. They were having a sale on ice cream and I thought I'd check it out. I came across Edy's Light Ice Cream in coffee flavor. Hmmm...that sounded promising. So tonight, while watching the OU basketball game, we decided to give it a try. I used my handy dandy little Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter to chop up some leftover Christmas candy (Hershey's Milk and Dark Chocolate mini bars to be exact) and added them to the bowl. Of course I also used my Pampered Chef Ice Cream dipper (Shameless product endorsement, yes, but I am a consultant after all).

The result? VERY GOOD! I'd feel disloyal if I said it was as good as Braum's, but it was a darned good substitute, I can tell you that! And it's LIGHT, too! Of course I don't think it's still considered "light" if you eat about a fourth of the container AND add chopped up chocolate to it. :) Guess I may have to hit the treadmill later.

0 comments: