Friday, October 14, 2005









Last night we went to Charlottesville (pronounced Sharlots-vul for some) to see Cross Canadian Ragweed and Dierks Bentley. It's definitely not like seeing a show at the Wormy Dog or the Tumbleweed in OK, but it was fun. I didn't really get a good pic of Dierks because the security guards were being jerks and kept running me back to my seat. (Yeah dad, your daughter's a hellraiser.Ha!ha!) It really made me mad when CCR was onstage. I mean hardly anybody knew who they were and here I was sporting a Ragweed shirt and singing every single word to the songs and the guy could obviously tell I was a fan. They were just doing their job, I know but it still ticked me off. Whatever. We had a great time. I was happy to hear Ragweed play "Boys from Oklahoma". We didn't think they would because it was an all-ages show and I figured they would tame it down quite a bit for that reason. The ironic thing is that I think Jason and I were the only ones who knew that song was about OU. :) Did of course have to take a shot of Pistol Pete on the drumset. Go Pokes! Jason and I even had some fans of our own once some girls heard we were from Oklahoma. We told them we met at OSU and they said "Awww, how sweet!" It was good to see a few Ragweed shirts there. (Got Weed?) Also saw a Jason Boland shirt and of course I had to talk to that guy! We went with Amy and Heath and I think we all had a great time. Thank goodness I don't have to be at work til noon today!

0 comments: