Sunday, October 30, 2005

Anybody ever had a Pumpkin Spice Ale? It is really good! I didn't expect to like a beer that in any way tastes like pumpkin pie, but I do. Mr. Crafty bought a sampler collection of Ales and Lagers from Michelob and we are having fun tasting all the different varieties. I DO NOT like lager at all! But I do like some types of ale and this little sampler thing is pretty cool. For those of you beer drinkers out there, I'll tell you what we got.
2 cool beer glasses
11 recipe cards with 22 recipes using the various types of ales and lagers
3 each of Classic Lager, Amberbock, Honey Lager, Marzen (German-type lager), Pale Ale (which should be my nickname because of my initials and my inability to EVER get a tan), and Pumpkin Spice Ale.

All this for 18 bucks at the local Food Lion. Pretty good deal and we get to try several types of ale and lager to see which ones we like. Too bad the Pumpkin Pie Ale only comes in this sampler pack thing. I'd like to drink this stuff more often! Gotta keep it away from the cat though! :)

0 comments: