Friday, September 16, 2005

The Cooking Club that wasn't.

So, I wasn't sure how many people would show up last night. Good thing I didn't have high expectations, because not one person came.

We got a chai latte, waited around for about 15 minutes and when it was clear that no one was going to show, we went to dinner. We went to our favorite Mexican place and I proceeded to thoroughly embarrass myself, my husband, and our cute little Mexican waiter by bursting into tears right there at the table. I didn't realize just how excited I had been about this project until no one came. It just really made me miss my friends back home. (B,J,K,and M, I KNOW you guys would have been there and we would have had a blast!)

Mr. Crafty knew how upset I was and decided I needed some "shopping therapy". We both needed new clothes for work, so we hit all our favorite places. He got 2 pairs of pants and I got some green pants, a green shirt, a funny t-shirt that will be my halloween costume, and a brown skirt. Now how many men would take their wives shopping just to cheer them up? Not many. I know, I know, I'm VERY lucky!

0 comments: