Thursday, June 30, 2005

This is where I've been spending most of my free time. Mr. Crafty and I have been working hard and in the evenings, hardly working. We enjoy spending most evenings out on our deck. Here we can watch the sunset over the mountains, talk about our day, and just hang out together.




We have all our boxes unpacked and everything pretty much the way we want it at our house now. We have some minor improvements/additions we'd like to make. We're working on getting our grass to grow. Right now it's very spotty, but what we have is getting tall. Time to buy a lawnmower and trimmer, I guess.

This weekend we are planning on staining our deck. Since it's the "room" we use most often, that's where we're working on first. We're also thinking about bringing in some more dirt to level out our back yard. That means we'll have to buy a wheelbarrow and various other tools. Plus, we need to buy grass seed to fill in some spots. We'd also like to make some flowerbeds and do some landscaping, but everything is so expensive! Guess the flowers may have to wait a while. We'd also like to fence in the back yard. There is so much we'd like to do. The hard part is having the patience and realizing we can only do it a little at a time. :)

Work is going well. Jason still loves his job. Mine is good too, but I wish I could get back to school. I have to live here one year before I'm officially a resident and qualify for in-state tuition. One month down and 11 more to go.

Pumpkin loves her new house. She has tons of room and really loves hanging out in the office (the sunniest room of the house) and on my chair at the kitchen table (where I have a thick, comfy cushion).

Jason's mom came for a visit recently. We took her to D.C and to Gettysburg. We had a lot of fun.

On that note, I got to see the original Star Spangled Banner when we went to D.C. and was moved to tears. I had no idea that I would be so emotional, but I was just amazed to be in the presence of so much history. Too often, we get all caught up in the barbeques and swimming parties and etc. and forget to remember what that day is really all about. This Independence Day, take a little time to reflect and to be thankful for your freedom and those who have made that freedom possible for all of us.

OK, enough of the soapbox, I promise.

We're not sure what we'll do for the 4th. We may just stay at home, cook out, hang out on the deck, play cards, and watch the fireworks around us. Since we're not in the city limits, people have been shooting fireworks off all week and we've been enjoying them without ever leaving home.
Whatever you do, have a happy and safe 4th of July!

Oh yeah, want to see pictures of our house? And also some pics from Jason's birthday trip to Chicago in April? Go to CraftyLilDevil's Photos.

0 comments: