Sunday, May 01, 2005

I cannot believe that in 5 days Mr. Crafty and I will be homeowners. We went to our house today to look again and we stayed for quite a while. We took some pictures and had some fun on the floor just sitting in the empty house and imagining where our furniture will go. I love doing that. Can you believe I have not packed a thing?! (Yes, those of you that know me are shaking your heads in agreement at this, I know.) That's OK though because we will have a month to move in.

But first, we decided we are going to paint all the rooms in the house before we move even one thing in. Well, let me rephrase that...I decided we would paint all the rooms in the house. Dear Mr. Crafty hates to paint (as I've mentioned before). But I cannot stand the flat white paint on the walls in every single room of our lovely new house. Must get some color up before I go crazy!

I decided against the very cool two-tone blue paint job I had posted a pic of previously. I think our ceilings aren't high enough in the bedroom and I didn't want to feel closed in. Instead, I have decided on a nice pale aqua shade and will use the tan bedspread that we already have. I'll have to post a pic when we're finally done with it. It's too hard to explain my idea.

Here's a very bad picture of the rugs that inspired my idea for the bedroom. This picture does not do them justice at all, but here it is. blue and tan rugs from Target.

This weekend is the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival. It's our first year to experience "The Bloom", as they call it. We've had a pretty good time so far. Yesterday, Mr. Crafty went to the stag luncheon with some friends of his and I went shopping. Then he and I met up with my friends Sonja and Chris and her parents and we watched the Fireman's Parade. It was fun but very, very VERY long! Over 3 hours of parade! I have never seen such a long parade in my life!
But we did have a good time. Plus, I got a corn dog. (A little Jason Boland for all you red-dirt fans out there..."You need a corn dog, I can tell.")

We're looking forward to the arts and crafts show (for me) and the car show (for Mr. Crafty) tomorrow.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

0 comments: