Thursday, December 16, 2004

How weird! I just got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I usually don't answer because 9 times out of 10, it's a telemarketer and I HATE telemarketers. (Well, OK, I don't hate them personally, but I do hate them calling my house and interrupting my life.) But this time, I noticed that the call was coming from my area code. Hmmm...I don't recognize this person's name, but I'll go ahead and answer it. It was a person trying to share scriptures from the Bible with me over the phone! Like a telephone solicitor, but they were trying to sell me Jesus! What is this world coming to? Lady, no offense, but I'm in the middle of hammering out a research paper that should have been done a long time ago. I don't have time to listen to you. Yes, I believe in Jesus Christ, no, you cannot send me a scripture tract. Sorry to be rude, but I really just don't have time for this right now! Can you believe that?!!?!

Gotta get back to work!

0 comments: