Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mwuhahahahaha! I have all my Christmas shopping done! All of it! Every. Last. Present. Bought and wrapped. I know. You hate me. In my own defense, Christmas at the Crafty household is also moving time. Don't want to have to be packing and moving AND worrying about Christmas. Oh yes. Completely done before December first. You wish you were me, don't you?

Actually, probably not. It sucks to move. Especially at Christmas. With a cat that gets car sick. On a two-day drive to Virginia. Blech!

All that, and we still don't know where we are going to live. We just put a contract on a house today. Actually, I should say a mobile home. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we offered an obscene amount of money for a trailer. (Not that there's anything wrong with living in a trailer, but you would not BELIEVE the amount of money it was going for!!!)

We are officially scraping the bottom of the barrel with this offer. If we don't get this house, we are going to rent. That will really tick me off, but maybe that way we can eventually afford to build a house just the way we want it.

And in other news, I went to Weight Watchers today. I only gained 4 tenths of a pound! On THANKSGIVING! Woohoo! I have not counted points in over a month and have only gained 1.4 lbs. Man, I can deal with that! I started fresh today and have set a goal of losing 2.5 lbs by the end of the year. Not very ambitious, but I figured it would be a miracle if I was still able to lose with the move (we ALWAYS seem to order pizza or eat tons of fast food while we're packing), finals week, and Christmas right around the corner, I'd better not set my sights too high. Know what I mean?

Sigh. I'm all alone in the house tonight. Mr. Crafty's in Virginia, working away. My cat Pumpkin is at the vet getting spayed and declawed. Hope she doesn't hate me when she gets home tomorrow!

Song to Mr. Crafty:
"I'm tired of being alone. So hurry up and get here." John Mayer.
I know, you hate him.But that song so fits right now. Love and miss you. Wish it was 2005 and we were settled in wherever we're going to live. Know what I want the year 2005 to bring us? Some freakin' stability!!! Let's stay in one place for more than 6 months this year, OK?! :)

0 comments: