Wednesday, March 31, 2010

This is gonna be a short post because it's late and I need to get to bed.

Tomorrow I'm going to start making up some "lesson plans" for home preschool with E. He's really interested and loved going to the "preschool store" today. (Teacher supply store in Winchester). I'm planning on using some of my stuff from when I taught at Braddock Street so it should be fun and fairly easy. The hard part will be the planning and getting it all ready before hand so there's no waiting around for E during the day. He's really into counting right now so I bought him some counting bears. They're little plastic colored bears and they come with cups to help with sorting and matching, etc. He really seemed interested in them at the store and they were cheap and cute. I also got him a numbers puzzle so we'll try those out and see how it goes. We're going to start out with only a few things here and there and see how it goes. He's still really young yet but I think he'll do well. He knows all his colors, most of the uppercase letters, can recognize his numbers (mostly) from 1-9 and can count from one to "firteen" (13).

This isn't part of our official "preschool"stuff...that won't come til much later. Lots of planning yet to do. Anyway, tomorrow we're making "rainbow rice" from Pink and Green Mama

photo borrowed from Pink and Green Mama. Can't wait to see how E reacts to this! I hope it dries quickly because I can tell you he is not gonna be able to wait very long to play in it!


P.S. I want to be just like Pink and Green Mama when I grow up. She has such great ideas! And she lives relatively close to me too....Northern Virginia. Pink and green are Apple Blossom colors. OK seriously I am not a stalker but don't you just wanna meet her and hang out with her while she does all these cool projects? I'm gonna stop now before I start sounding real crazy but really I'm just so in awe of some people's creativity!

0 comments: