Monday, September 14, 2009

I finally got to do more today than clean and take care of my little ones. I've been wanting to finish some beanbags I started making months ago for Easton. All I had to do was finish the edges and I was finished! When the kids were sleeping today, I finally got the chance. It took me less than 10 minutes to do all 12. When he got up from nap he was really excited to play with them. He had fun putting them in and dumping them out of a big plastic see-through container. I'll try to get a picture of him and his new (cheap!) toys soon.

I also made a little something for Audrey. I am a regular reader of a site called "Dollar Store Crafts". Today I made a crinkly baby toy for Audrey and I'm really pleased with how it came out. I recycled a crinkly baby wipes wrapper and used up some fabric and ribbon I had in my craft stash. I can't sew a straight line for anything but I think that will get better with practice. And who better to practice on than my kiddos, right? My camera battery needs to be charged so I'll have to get a pic another day.

Click here for baby toy instructions. Hmmm...now that's an idea for a cheap and easy baby gift!

It felt so good to finally be able to work on something fun! This site is called "crafty" little devil for a reason but unfortunately this mama has had no time lately for anything other than diapers and cleaning and homework. Hooray for naptime for both babies at the same time!

0 comments: