Thursday, July 09, 2009

Audrey,
You are six weeks old today. You got off to a little bit of a rough start. First being in the NICU, then feeding problems and learning to share me with your brother. You are doing amazingly well now though. You are strong and healthy and definitely let your wishes be known to everyone around. You go from sleeping to supremely pissed off in a matter of seconds. You grab onto my finger so hard that at times your knuckles are white. You are a very determined little girl and I love seeing when you get that serious look on your face sometimes. You know what you want and seem to get almost annoyed that you can't speak to tell us exactly what it is.

You have a head full of dark hair and beautiful blue eyes. You are starting to smile more and those smiles are like a sweet little gift to me each time I see one. You seem to tolerate your brother pretty well. He gets a little rambunctious sometimes and gives you "pats" just a little too hard. You fuss a little but seem to know somehow that he doesn't mean to hurt you. I hope one day you two are good friends.

You are amazing, my little girl and I can't wait to see who you will become one day. But don't get in too big of a hurry, OK? Feel free to stay little just as long as you want.

Love,
Mama

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you cant wait to see u in august