Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, OK I know it's Tuesday but I was busy all day yesterday. Here's what we're having this week:

Monday: Lasagna and garlic bread
Tuesday: Rosemary Lemon Chicken
Wednesday: Beefy Macaroni Bake
Thursday: Dinner w/friends at Brewbaker's (YAY! No cooking!)
Friday: Artichoke chicken
Saturday: Black bean and corn tostadas
Sunday: Leftovers or cook dinner on the grill

I've found that meal planning really helps me cut down on the grocery budget big time! We save money because we build around things we already have on hand, we shop around and buy what's on sale each week at the local stores, and I make use of coupons I get online, in the newspaper and by mail. Yesterday I got $13.60 worth of coupons by mail from signing up online and by writing letters to companies about their products. I got 2 $3 off coupons from Playtex because I wrote a letter telling them how much I love their products, $5. 10 worth of coupons from Earth's Best for signing up online at their website, and $2.50 from Dove from signing up for a free sample through Walmart's website.
Check out the "Frugal Mama's Favorites" links over on the right side of my page for some of my favorite money-saving websites.

0 comments: