Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I was about to feed E today when I realized I didn't have a bib. I put down his yogurt/banana/cereal mixture I had just made and went to his room to get a bib. While I was back there, I thought to myself "Hmmm...did I just put that bowl..." SPLAT! I ran back into the dining room and sure enough...I put the bowl on the highchair tray and E decided he wanted to feed himself. He grabbed the spoon and knocked the bowl in the floor. All over our tan carpet. Now I want to know which genius decided that carpet is a good idea in a dining room. And I cannot believe I made that rookie mistake and left that bowl within arm's reach. Now it looks like I'll be having a hot date with the steam-vac so my house doesn't end up smelling like yogurt. GROSS! And I used to work at a daycare; you'd think I'd know better. HA! We'll just blame it on the fact that I hadn't had my morning pot cup of coffee. YUCK! Carpet, banana yogurt, and an independent boy do not mix. But on the bright side...at least he wants to feed himself! YAY! He'll get the hang of it eventually. But for now we all need a bath and so does the carpet. Think I'll invest in a mess mat to put under his highchair. Who knew yogurt could fly so far!

0 comments: