Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Easton,
You will be 6 months old in less than a week. Where did the time go? I meant to write you a letter every month but it seems I got so busy I let last month get away from me. Last month you took your first trip to Oklahoma. While you may not remember that trip, it is one I will never forget. It was so special to introduce you to all those people who are special to daddy and me. You had some important firsts on that trip...first airplane ride (you were SO GOOD!), first baby food (you liked it a lot), first time meeting your great grandparents Edgar and Cheney, Aunt Tammy and cousins Abbie, Nicole and Maggie, first time meeting our friends Jenni and Brooklyn, first Easter, first trip to Meers, first taste of ribs (thanks Papa Easton!), the first time you rolled over, the first photo shoot with your cousins Mason, Alexa and later with Ryan and Tyson, first family dinner at Nana's, first birthday party to attend (Ryan's 8th birthday). WHEW! We were busy! Everyone was so happy to see us (you!) and we had an amazing time.

Since we got back, you've adjusted to a schedule again pretty easily. You've started having baby food every night now and you seem to love your veggies. Sweet potatoes seem to be your favorite. That's no surprise...they're my favorite too. The weather is warming up and you really seem to enjoy going outside. A couple of times now I've tried blowing bubbles for you. You're not quite sure what to make of them but it's fun to watch you watch them and try to decide whether or not you like them. Daddy is home earlier because work is slowing down for a bit and we are so happy to spend more time with him. He's having his 30th birthday party this week. Shhh! Don't tell him our plans! It's a surprise! He knows we're going somewhere but don't tell him where, OK?

It is wonderful to be able to see you every second of the day and watch you as you learn new things. We sing and dance and act very silly sometimes and that's the best job I could ever have. Right now I'm very busy working on your scrapbook. I want to hurry and get it done while the details are still fresh in my mind. I want to be able to tell you the story of YOU without forgetting a thing. I love you, my little sweetie boy!

Love,
Mama

P.S. I'm totally not mad at you for spitting up on my outfit right after I put it on this morning. As babies go you are (thankfully) not a frequent spitter-upper so it's not like it happens a lot. And even if it did, they're just clothes...they'll wash. As I used to say to my 3 year old class at the daycare..."It's OK. Accidents happen. No big deal." Love you!

0 comments: