Sunday, February 25, 2007

Will this winter ever end? We got 5-6 inches of snow today and more is on the way. J is out shoveling right now. No way I'm crazy enough to help him this time. (Sorry honey!)

Last week at work was SO bad being cooped up at work in our tiny classroom with 12 stir-crazy screaming three year olds. We usually can take them outside to the playground or to the gym to let off some steam and get some energy out but this week the playground was iced over and the gym was being used every single day. It made us all a little crazy. In fact, one kid (who is known for violent outbursts but has been SO much better until this) got so crazy he started hitting me and screaming "I'm gonna kill you!" when I tried to put him in time out. I promptly picked his little butt up and hauled him down to the office. That didn't feel very good on my broken finger, but I'll be danged if I'm putting up with some future juvenile delinquent kid hitting me and screaming at me.

And you know what his mom said about it when I asked for her to talk to him about what he said to me? "Well, we don;t allow him to talk like that at home. He must have heard it from some other kid." No. This is the same kid who hauls off and smacks his mom when she picks him up if he doesn't feel like going home yet. Unfreakingbelievable the bad parenting I see on a daily basis. Now I'm not saying I'll be a perfect parent myself. I'm pretty sure make a fair amount of mistakes when my time comes, but I sure as heck won't let my kid get away with that kind of crap.

I feel a mental health vacation day is in order. And soon! J's been feeling a little burnt out too, so I think we'll take off some Friday and have ourselves a 3 day weekend somewhere fun. Maybe Baltimore or D.C.

I have some training coming up next weekend in D.C. and I'm really looking forward to it. Some of the classes they're offering sound like they will be very helpful in my class. J's taking me and then he'll probably to to the Air and Space Museum while I'm in my seminars. Then he's picking me up and taking me to P.F. Chang's for dinner. They have AMAZING chinese food. If you get a chance to go to one, get the lettuce wraps. YUM!!!

In other news. my finger is feeling better. It still hurts, but less so. Typing is still a hassle, so I'm not on the computer much. I go back to the dr on March 6th and she said if the xray looks good, I get to take my splint and bandage off and start moving my finger. It will be nice to be able to take a shower without having to wrap my rt hand up in a walmart bag. :)

0 comments: