Monday, December 25, 2006

Feliz navidad and ho ho ho. :) We had a great Christmas morning here. We woke up early and had some yummy Daily Grind Jingle Bell Java coffee. We put the breakfast casserole in the oven and got busy opening presents. I got a beautiful new watch, some CDs (new Ragweed "Back to Tulsa" cd...Yay!), a DVD Recorder, a pepper mill (which I'd been wanting for a long time) and of course the new stuff for my laptop. Jason got a humongous new stereo system w/5 disc CD changer, some houseshoes, a thermos, and some DVDS and CDs.
Right now, we're both busy playing with our new toys and listening to new cds on the stereo. Man, that thing gets LOUD! We tested it out earlier and both the cats hightailed it under the bed. Poor babies! :)
Now I've got a turkey breast in the oven, some dinner rolls rising and some peanut butter fudge in the fridge. Actually it's more like peanut butter SLUDGE instead of fudge. This is the 2nd batch I've tried to make. The first one didn't set up and it doesn't look like this one will either. I can't figure out what I did wrong. I thought maybe I didn't cook it long enough the first time I tried, so I made sure I cooked the 2nd batch longer. Well this batch is more firm but not by much. I guess we could eat it with a spoon or put it over ice cream. Hmm...or I could put it in some brownies. I'll figure it out. But it sure makes me mad that it didn't turn out. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

Grandma and Pawpaw, I wish I was closer for a million reasons, and one of those is because I wouldn't have to mess with making fudge! I love and miss you!

0 comments: