Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have no idea how the comment moderation got turned on. I sure didn't do it! But anyway, Jen...here's the Pumpkin Soup recipe as requested. :) It's not a sweet recipe, as you might think. It's smooth, savory and soooo good! (Well, J thinks it stinks up the entire house and tastes awful, but to each his own, I guess.) Try it and let me know what you think.

Cream of Pumpkin Soup

1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup heavy whipping cream

DIRECTIONS:
1. Saute onion in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Add 1 can chicken broth; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Transfer broth mixture into the container of a blender or processor. Process until smooth.
4. Return mixture to saucepan. Add remaining can of broth, pumpkin, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground pepper; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
5. Stir in whipping cream and heat through. Do not boil. Ladle into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with croutons.

Note: COOL mixture before placing it into a blender. Or use an emersion blender (? is that what those are called? I will find out and when I do, that baby is going on my Christmas list!) Whatever you do...DO NOT place hot liquid into a blender and turn it on! You'll end up getting burnt and have a HUGE mess! Trust me!

0 comments: