Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today we drove around checking prices on freezers. We need a big freezer for the garage because I'm going to try to cook things on weekends and freeze them so we can just heat and eat during the week. Because even though I LOVE to cook, that's usually the last thing I want to do when I get off work in the evenings. I've found some websites about once a month cooking and I may even try that if we find that the food still tastes as good once its heated up. I think I'll try a few dishes out and see how it goes. Anyway, we ended up finding a really good priced chest freezer at Costco. We bought it, loaded it up, got it home,unpacked it and started cleaning it up only to find it had a HUGE dent in the side! Now if it was just a little one, we could easily overlook it. But when we pay $200.00 for something, it had better be in good condition! So now we have to lug it all the way back to the store and exchange it. Geez!

But we did have something exciting happen tonight. We were out on the deck, enjoying the evening when we started seeing hot air balloons in the sky. A nearby town had a hot air balloon festival this weekend and the balloons ended up flying over our house and landing in the field at the end of our street! We got some good pictures. I'll post them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, let me leave you with this: (Overheard today while shopping at Costco.)
Little boy: "Is a hundred more than a million?"
Dad: "No."
Little boy: "Hey, dad? What if you were a hundred-aire?"

:) Too cute!

0 comments: