Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yay, me! I just calculated my earnings w/Pampered Chef and I made $175.68 in October! Woohoo! And I have only done one Kitchen Show! (And 4 Catalog shows, and handed out countless catalogs and over 100 flyers in my neighborhood.) I haven't sat down to count up how much I've spent out of my own pocket so far for start-up costs, because I know that you have to spend money to make money. Still, I'm pretty proud of myself and hope that commission check keeps getting bigger each month. I'm pretty limited on how much I can talk about PC during the course of the day, but I think that's not too shabby for just starting out.

My first Kitchen Show was this past weekend. Jason went with me to carry in all my supplies and demonstrate a couple of things I can't quite do (Garlic Press, Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, etc) since my shoulder injury. He was really and truly my "right hand man". And such a handsome one, too! :) I think it was so sweet of him to help me when he could have spent his whole day in front of the tv, watching football. What a guy! The fact that it was at our friends Sonja and Chris' house helped, too cause he got to watch football with Chris after the show. Now he actually knows exactly what I do when I'm gone doing Pampered Chef shows and can see why I need a laptop!

Anyway, enough about business. I wish everyone could see the beautiful leaves this time of year in northern Virginia! A lady Jason works with took us to Berkeley Springs to a restaurant called Coolfont. It's a beautiful, rustic A-frame building that is out in the middle of nowhere. It has huge picture windows in the dining room and you can sit and enjoy your meal and watch the birds and squirrels running through the trees. This time of year, you can also watch the beautiful red, gold, and yellow leaves fall as the wind blows through the trees. It is so relaxing! Come visit me and I'll take you there! :)

Only 10 more days until we go home! Can't wait to see all my friends and family! We miss you all so much! Hopefully we get a chance to visit everyone, but please understand if we don't make it to visit each of you, we'll be sure to catch you on the next trip.

Whew! Today was so hectic that we had to unwind with a Watermelon Martini after work. It is good but STRONG!

Watermelon Martini
Mix 1 part Rose's Cocktail Illusions Watermelon Mix with 1 part vodka.

Thank goodness for spell check, cause you should have seen all the typos in this post! :)

Hope everyone is having a great night!

0 comments: