Thursday, July 07, 2005

Today is my birthday, so last night I decided to make myself a cake. I saw this cake in a magazine I bought recently and thought it looked really pretty and sounded like it would taste as good as it looked. WRONG! The recipe for the "Raspberry Lemon Torte" turned out to be the most awful thing I have ever made. It took me 2 hours to assemble all the layers in this thing. Lemon cake, raspberry jam and vanilla icing. GROSS! I love lemon and I love raspberry, but I found out that I do not love them at the same time. Talk about sugar overload! Mr. Crafty and I each ate a piece and afterwards, we felt so gross that we threw the entire cake away. Yep, that recipe ranks right up there with the one for Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread as being the grossest thing I have ever made. You know, I think of myself as a pretty good cook. But it really humbles you to make something so bad. :) Oh well! Glad I tried it at home before making it and taking it to work or something. That would have been awful!

Here's hoping dinner tonight tastes much better than my cake. After work tonight, we are going out to eat with some of my friends from work. YUM! Bruebaker's Turtle-ritas for everyone! (What is a Turtle-rita? Only the best margarita I have ever tasted! Come visit me and I'll make sure you get one.)

Happy Birthday to Me!

Have a great day everyone!

0 comments: