Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hello all! Please forgive the long time since my last post, but things are hectic around these parts and I thought you all needed to know what's going on...

Good news! Jason got a promotion! He has accepted an Assistant Plant Manager (??? Not sure about the exact job title, but something on this level) position at the largest Kingsdown Manufacturing Plant. Bad news...it's in Winchester, Virginia! So, Jason will be starting his new job on Nov. 1st and I will stay behind in Muskogee to finish out our lease and my classes, which end Dec. 17th. This is a HUGE acchievement for Jason, as he has only been at his current position for 3 months. That he was offered this promotion after only such a short time speaks highly of his drive and committment to the Kingsdown company. This job will give him the opportunity to use his Industrial Engineering degree to its fullest potential and I am so very proud of him!

I will continue to pursue my bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, but I will have to take a one year break as I must be a resident of VA for one year to establish residency. (Must be a resident of the state to apply for grants of any kind.) I am excited about going back to work and may try to find a job as an assistant at a pre-school or elementary school, which will be very helpful once I go back to school.

Jason and I will be traveling to Virginia Friday, Oct. 1st and will return Tuesday, Oct. 5th. During this time, we will meet with the man whom Jason will be replacing and he has volunteered to show us around and help us in any way he can. We are very excited about this trip and will be sure to let you know if anything exciting happens while we're gone.

Just thought I'd share with you what's going on with us!
Take care and I'll try to post again soon!

0 comments: