Friday, August 06, 2004

Aaahhh! Home! Just got back last night from a 10 day "vacation" to Florida. I say "vacation" because of several reasons:
1) Really had to go there to stay with my 16 yr old sister while mom was out of town on business. That's ok though, she's a good kid.
2) Also had to watch their 6 indoor cats who rebelled that their "mom" was not home and showed their dislike for me by using the floor as a litterbox. Had to spend a big majority of the time cleaning up after them. Not fun.
3) It rained every single day I was there. Apparently, this is the rainy season in "sunny" Florida. Did manage to go to the beach for a couple hours one day. Would have liked to do it again, but it was always raining.
4) Because of the rain, I ended up watching like 6 movies, reading 4 books, and watching endless hours of MTV and BET w/my sister. (I must like her, because I hate the crap they play on those stations...except for Newlyweds. Too funny!)
5) My husband didn't get to go with me, because he had to work. Newlyweds should not be apart for that long. Suffice it to say that I was VERY happy to come home!
6) Had to miss a Weight Watchers meeting, right when I really needed it most. During the trip, I stuck with the plan for lunch and dinner and didn't get all freaked out if I ate more than I should. I was on vacaction, for crying out loud! One night we had pizza...lots of pizza. And another night, I made peanut butter fudge cookies and we ate so much dough, I thought I'd be sick. YUM! All of that and I still somehow managed to lose 2 lbs while I was there. This may be a do-able diet after all.

0 comments: